This job requires the incumbent to work closely with the client to improve quality of life by identifying needs and developing plans to meet the daily challenges of recovery. The social worker focuses on problem-solving in a one-on-one environment.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To assess the client upon entry into the facility to determine the socio-economic and other biopsychological factors that may be affecting the clients.
- To provide individual and group counselling to clients and their families to assist them in their social adjustment during treatment and post-treatment.
- To make arrangement for admissions to a Substance Abuse Treatment Centre.
- To submit written reports continuously on the progress of clients during treatment and rehabilitation.
- To maintain liaison with other rehabilitation groups such as Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous and participates in community projects with regard to substance abuse matters.
- To perform other related duties as may be required
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to positively motivate residents.
- Ability to teach clients to achieve their goals and happiness sober and drug free.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BSc. Degree in Social Work, Psychology or any other related field.
- Successful completion of a Certificate in Addiction Studies from a recognized University.
- Training in Computer literacy; and
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training