- Key accountabilities:
- Contribute to the bank’s profits through the sales and trading both primary and secondary market fixed income instruments.
- Contribute to the bank’s profits through the meticulous trading activities across all currencies by marrying the client needs and trader.
- Ensure the maintenance and growth of the merchant banking unit’s investor database- locally, regionally and internationally.
- Promote the group’s products and services via coordination of activities and training with the other department heads.
- Ensure that the trading desk maintains and executes successfully, timely and profitably all trading activity.
- Recommend new products and services for the team to distribute to the wider markets.
- Understand analysis of credit and investment assets done by credit team for countries and corporates.
- Work with the trader in gathering sector-specific trade ideas.
- Conduct research and development on regional investor markets, maintaining constant interaction with investor base and traveling where necessary with staff.
- Maintain continuous knowledge of all market products so as to enhance product efficacy.
- Management of the database of sold Securities.
- Securities to be sold and all buy and sell trade by the Bank.
- Personal characteristics:
- Initiative and drive, with the ability to “get things done”.
- Ability to complete assignments on time and to coordinate activities with team members and team leaders.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving.
- Professional demeanor and grooming.
- Strong sales skills.
How to apply:
These are the requirements for applying for this job:
- Do you have a Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Economics?
- Do you have five years of Investment Banking experience with a Sales/Trading or Marketing background?
- Do you have an MBA?