The incumbent will be responsible for reviewing, preparation and filing of Annual Corporation Tax Returns, VAT Returns, Quarterly Tax Installments for Group Companies under the purview of the Head Office Finance Team within the required time frame outlined in the respective legislation.
- Review, Preparation and Filing of Annual Corporation Tax Returns, VAT Returns, Quarterly Tax Installments for Group Companies under the purview of the Head Office Finance Team within the required time frame outlined in the respective legislation.
- Review Group Companies\\\’ Quarterly Tax Installments and Annual Corporation Tax Return Filing for completeness and accuracy and ensuring obligations are met within the required time frames outlined by the respective legislation
- Monitor and provide support to Group Companies to resolve Taxation matters raised by the BIR and the collection of refunds. Provides guidance to the Subsidiaries on Tax Compliance Matters. Provide assistance in the preparation of correspondence to Governmental Departments (BIR, NIB, VAT) outlining tax positions taken. Preparation of the Monthly BIR Scorecard.
- Perform reconciliations of Key Tax Accounts, Refunds Recoverable (VAT and CT) for identified Group Companies within agreed timelines. Reviews similar reconciliations for other Group Companies. Reconciling differences and identified and validated and measures to resolve differences are proposed.
- Monthly and Quarterly reporting on Effective Tax Rates, Tax Losses, VAT and CT Refunds with appropriate commentary and variance analysis. Preparation of the Annual Tax Disclosure note for the Group\\\’s Audited Financial Statements. Publication of the monthly VAT and CT refund schedule.
- Performs routine and non routine reviews and assessments in Key risk areas(e.g. . PAYE, WHT, VAT) identified by the Group Tax Manager. Identifies risk and proposes strategies to mitigate.
- Assist the Group Tax Manager in identifying changes in IFRS and Taxation Legislation in the Jurisdictions where The Group operates and quantifying the impact of changes.
- Ensure that Group companies maintain sufficient documentation for all tax allowable expenses, allowances and tax exempt income.
- Review of The Group\\\’s Tax Consolidation and the preparation of briefing papers with analysis, commentary and trends.
- Conduct training sessions with Group Companies as necessary.
- Liaise with Various Tax authorities to manage Audits
- Any other duties or ad hoc request made by Group Finance Director, Group CFO or Group Tax Manager.
- ACCA Qualified, 3 to 5 years of work experience.
- 3 years post qualification experience.
- Current role must be performing some tax compliance duties (VAT Returns, Tax Returns, Tax Installments), fundamental understanding tax legislation in TT and the preparation of Management Accounts and Management Information.
- Understanding of IFRS and Financial reporting is preferred but not mandatory.
- Intermediate Skill level with critical MS Office Products, Excel, Word and Powerpoint
How to apply:
- Are you ACCA qualified, with 3 to 5 years of working experience?
- Do you have 3 years' post qualification experience?
- Do you have experience with performing tax compliance duties; an understanding of of tax legislation in Trinidad and Tobago, and the preparation of Management Accounts and Management Information?