Company: ANSA McAL Ltd (Head Office)
The incumbent is required to review, assess and report on the Group’s financial position in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards as well as to ensure conformity with the Group’s Financial BlueBook Policies. He/she will also be required to conduct extensive research on various accounting matters and make the recommendations for necessary adjustments where applicable.
- Review impairment calculations and impairment memorandums for the following classes of financial assets throughout the Group:
- Intangible assets (goodwill, brands)
- Fixed assets
- Prepare position papers describing/justifying the Group’s position on accounting matters using International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Review position papers on technical accounting matters prepared by the accounting teams of companies within the Group.
- Manage the Group’s Blue Book Financial Policies, including:
- Updating policies where relevant
- Reviewing and responding to queries raised by persons within the Group relating to the financial policies
- Note that GPA’s role is to ensure compliance with existing blue book policies.
- Conduct technical research on IFRS matters to determine the Group impact of:
- Existing standards, including the extent to which the Group currently complies and the work required and potential impact of full/best-practice compliance
- Upcoming standards, including the work required and potential impact of full/best-practice compliance
- Exposure drafts (i.e. propositions for new standards) and the possible impact on the Group
- Provide training throughout the Group as and when required on:
- Preparation of impairment assessments
- Existing and new IFRS
- Blue Book financial policies
- Other accounting matters
- Liaise with the auditors on the audit issues log to facilitate an efficient an effective audit. The audit issues log covers:
- Technical matters (as itemized above)
- Operational matters
- Assist in quarterly reporting, including:
- Completion of audit schedules
- Casting and checking of press releases
- Assist in annual financial reporting, including:
- Completion of audit schedules
- Completion of IFRS checklist
- Completion of financial statement shell
- Casting and checking financial statements
- Review of financial statements with auditors
- Provide ad-hoc guidance to the Manager – Group Reporting and the Group Finance Director on technical accounting matters.
- Any other duties as assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree is Management, Finance or any other related discipline.
- An MBA would be considered an asset.
- At least 3-5 years work experience in a related field, supporting at the Executive level
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Outlook
- Strong knowledge of IFRS and other standard accounting principles and practices.
How to apply:
- Do you have a Bachelor’s degree is Management, Finance or any other related discipline?
- Do you have at least 3-5 years work experience in a related field, supporting at the Executive level?
- Do you have a strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Outlook?
- Do you have a strong knowledge of IFRS and other standard accounting principles and practices?