The Facilities Coordinator works closely with the HSSEQ Team Lead to ensure the management of services and processes that support the core business of the organization. This role is responsible for ensuring that the organization has the safest and functional work environment for its employees and clients.
• Assist in managing the office systems, which can often include office equipment, grocery items, basic facilities such as water, electricity and other necessities.
• Aid in ensuring the surrounding environment is in a suitable condition to work.
• Work alongside the HSSEQ Team Lead to ensure the general upkeep and maintenance of buildings to ensure that they meet health and safety standards and legal requirements.
• Aid in the supervision of contractors, sub-contractors and outsourced service providers.
• Assist with any refurbishments and office moves to ensure they all run smoothly and according to plan.
• Perform periodic inspections of all facilities, equipment, vehicles and systems to ensure optimal functioning. This entails identifying required repairs and renovation projects and working with the HSSEQ Team Lead to schedule accordingly.
• Work alongside the HSSEQ Team Lead to plan for the future needs of the organization.
• Assist in maintaining the schedule for vehicle servicing.
• Any other duties that may be required.
• Maintain standards of safety and comply with Company’s Health, Safety & Environment Management System requirements.
• Take reasonable care of own health and safety and that of others in the workplace.
• Follow and maintain Company standards of Quality in accordance with Company Quality System requirements.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Facilities Management Certificate or equivalent
• Minimum of 2 -3 years’ experience in facilities, property management or related field.
• Strong communication and organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task.
• Ability to effectively work cross functionally in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work in a diverse group.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, e.g. MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel
• Knowledge of the OSHA as it pertains to facilities management.
• Knowledge of project management principles and techniques will be an asset.
The incumbent must demonstrate the following personal attributes:
• Well-organised and attentive to details.
• Problem-solving and analytical Skills.
• Customer and client management skills.
• Excellent spoken and written communication skills.