The incumbent is required to provide reliable and safe driving services for the transportation of personnel and/or materials/equipment and to perform messengerial duties such as collecting delivering mail, documents, stores and other supplies. Duties also include the routine maintenance of the vehicle and operating standard office equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drives vehicle to transport personnel to/from office meetings, seminars, workshops and functions and collects and delivers mail, equipment, furniture, office supplies and other items.
- cleans vehicle and checks for essentials such as gas, oil, water and Tyre pressure and makes entries in log book concerning trips, purpose of same, mileage, fuel and any delays occurring on road.
- Performs minor emergency repairs to vehicle on road but reports to a supervisor any major defects in equipment.
- Assist in loading and unloading of the vehicle when necessary.
- Performs routine tasks related to activities carried out by field staff.
- Performs office support duties such as operating standard office equipment such as photocopiers, scanners, facsimile machines.
- Collects, sorts and distributes incoming and outgoing mail, office supplies, packages and other material and records in register as necessary
- Performs any other related work as required.
Knowledge , Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the principles of automotive operations sufficient to detect defects in operations.
- Knowledge of Trinidad and Tobago road network and locations of Government Ministries, Departments and other agencies.
Skills And Abilities:
- skill in safe operation of a light motor vehicle.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees and members of the public.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Ability to perform routine vehicle maintenance
- Ability to maintain vehicular logs.
Minimum Experience and Training:
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in driving a motor/ light goods vehicle .
- Primary school leaving certificate or evidence of having attented a secondary school for a minimum of three(3) years.
- Possession of a valid Trinidad and Tobago Driver’s Permit with endorsement for a light motor vehicle.
- Possession of a Police Certificate of Good Character.