Website Guardian Group
The Analyst/Programmer II is responsible for the definition, development, documentation, testing and deployment, and maintenance of strategic business applications, software, services and interfaces, to support the business requirements in accordance with design specifications and the IT solution delivery framework. He/ She monitors and analyzes Technology trends through research & development and participates in business trends and operations to identify opportunities to innovatively use new or existing technology.
1. Enterprise Solutions:
• Provide technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new IT software dependent projects and initiatives to support and enhance our existing group systems.
• Meet with Business Users and Systems Owners to define business requirements and systems goals.
• Assist in the planning, design and development of new interfaces and enhancements to existing applications.
• Ensure compatibility and interoperability of existing systems.
• Assist with research and identification of feasible solutions that meets business & technical requirements.
• Develop solutions and interfaces based on agreed-upon specifications and business, functional and technical requirements according to the Group Solutions Delivery framework.
• Document all solution components according to defined standards and maintain version control over all developed components and associated documentation.
• Assess the technical impact of changes on the performance, efficiency, functionality and inter-operability of existing solutions.
• Develop a plan for the maintenance of solution components that includes periodic reviews against operational requirements such as patch management, upgrade strategies and security requirements.
• Participate in system upgrades and other support activities as needed.
• Communicate to the business process owners any maintenance requirements.
2. Technology & Innovation:
• Agilely and rapidly develop new/rewrite strategic applications that solves business problems using rapid application development (RAD) tools that results in faster deployment of solution into market with modern UI experiences using latest opens standards- accelerated value creation.
• Test program modifications and newly developed programs according to specifications using approved testing standards.
• Document all programming activities and results creating operational and user documentation using approved documentation standards.
• Elicit requirements from business stakeholders using right business acumen and present in a formal functional requirement document for review and development using agile processes.
• Confer with team leader / management to obtain clarity / resolution of any issues arising.
• Confer with the Business Analyst and mentors to resolve questions of program intent, data input, output requirements and inclusion of internal checks and controls.
• Assist with developing and deploying standards, methodologies and best practices for managing Group IT solution standards for information systems.
• Review business processes and related operating model to determine process inefficiencies and viable technical solutions.
• Assist departmental users in the completion of specifications for new or changed requirements according to our standards.
3. Operational Management:
• Investigate and resolve application related issues.
• Provide assistance and advice to business users in the effective use of applications and information technology.
• Maintains close relationships with System Owners, Business & Systems Analysts, Information Systems teams across the Group, and other members of the Group IT department.
• Interact with consultants to achieve project goals.
• Assist in supervising the work of subordinates, providing assistance, guidance or training, where applicable.
4. Assist users in defining detailed and complete specifications for new or changed requirements.
5. Provide assistance, guidance or training to users where applicable.
6. Stay abreast of new technology trends to incorporate any relevant applications to existing or new systems.
7. To perform any other job-related duties as assigned by the Project Leader or Manager.
8. Function as either a project member or project manager’s whenever assigned in accordance with the relevant project charter and the respective roles and responsibilities.
• 5 C.X.C/ CSEC passes including Mathematics and English Language
• 2 A’ Level/ CAPE passes.
• First degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field from a recognized tertiary level educational institution.
• 3 – 5 years’ experience in an Information Technology department completing programming type projects.
• Knowledge of COBIT and ITIL Change Management standard.
• Ability to use one or more development language and web framework (.NET C#, PHP, ASP.NET, Node.JS with Angular JS)
Problem Solving/Analytical Skills
Job Knowledge Skills
Planning Organizing / Flexibility
Interpersonal Communication Skills
The Analyst/Programmer II must be able to deal with uncertainty and maintain a calm disposition in highly stressful situations. The individual must be logical, meticulous and extremely detail oriented. He/ she must also be able to exercise independent judgment and take action on it. The incumbent must possess excellent Interpersonal/ Communication skills and be able to interact with persons at all levels throughout the organization.
To apply for this job please visit fa-eqnr-saasfaprod1.fa.ocs.oraclecloud.com.