Company: Mc Enearney Business Machines (MBM)
The accounting assistant – inventory and fixed asset is responsible for coordinating and executing the quarterly stock counts and ensuring the company’s inventory and fixed assets records are complete and accurate by monitoring the inventory and fixed asset procedures.
- Conduct quarterly stock counts for the company;
review delivery notes, internal stock issue (ISS) and project management issue (PMI) to ensure that all documents are completed in full; processed in the system duly approved and issued on a timely basis. Sequence checks are to be carried out. This must be done before start of the quarterly stock count
- Investigating and documenting variances arising from stock counts. Posting approved physical count figures to GP dynamics monthly.
- Monitor the compliance to the company\’s & group\’s blue book inventory policies and procedures & identify any deviances to these policies.
- Create new inventory codes in GP dynamics based on approved requests.
- Ensuring all inventory related documents are posted on the system within 24 hours by monitoring the inventory processing process.
- Reconciling monthly the general ledger to sub-ledger accounts, investigating and clearing reconciling items.
- Generate the monthly inventory aging reports: for serialized and non-serialized. Generate a projected inventory aging report to identify future provisioned inventory for the senior management team\’s review and action.
- After completing reconciliations of the inventory balances, prepare relevant journal adjustments to update the inventory for stock obsolescence provision in accordance with blue book policy. Ensure that the provisions calculations are prepared.
- Updating the fixed asset register with all additions, disposals and transfers, ensuring transaction entry to the general ledger is accurate and complete. Reconcile all assets that are under a contractual agreement for rental and maintenance. Prepare monthly depreciation journal.
- Ensuring the capitalization of fixed asset is in accordance with fixed asset guidelines in blue books and depreciation rate is the same for each class of assets.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations fixed asset register to the general ledger.
- Prepare all foreign purchase of product to arrive at the landed cost per unit per item. Special checks must be done to ensure all associated costs are included into the cost calculations.
- Costing should be completed within 24 hours of receipt to facilitate the inventory receipting process. Ensure that the system\’s average cost per unit has not been compromised by spot checking the unit cost of high-volume products such as consumables and high-priced products, such as copiers and its equipment.Assisting with the provision of support and requested information to auditors (internal and external) as required.
How to apply:
- Are you Level 2 ACCA qualified?