- Effectively and accurately manage the company’s financial records ensuring the appropriate accounting control and procedures.
- Prepares day to day processing of financial transactions to ensure that the company’s financial records are maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner
- Assist with the management of the Company’s working capital, liquidity and optimal utilization of its cash resources.
- Review and monitor financial activity for all AMTL’s projects; in particular, revenue recognition calculations and tracking cost against budget to avoid overruns.
- Review and monitor the quarterly stock count process, including on site supervision during the counts, reviewing the validity of stock count variances and assist with quarterly stock count planning.
- Supervise and coordinate the work activities of Finance Staff.
- Communicate complex business issues in a clear and concise manner both verbally and via presentations
- Provide support to the Chief Financial Officer Director in the delivery of action items stemming from strategic meetings / directives.
- Monitor and assess revenue and expenditure arising from Projects operations to ensure all cost are captured, accurate and complete and Revenue is accurate and in compliance with the prevailing International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) . Provide detailed analyses for negative variances.
- Monitor and access the inventory accounting process to ensure any potential risk to loss or inaccurate reporting of Inventory balances and charges to cost of sales is detected timely.
- Design and deliver corporate planning templates as required by Head Office and guided by the Chief Financial Officer/ Managing Director.
- Monitor and assess expenditure to ensure same is within budget per month and year-to date. Provide detailed analyses for negative variances.
- Prepare Management Accounts monthly and Report on the performance to the Chief Financial Officer and Managing Director
- Work closely with the external auditors at year end and interim audits.
- Monthly reconciliation of general ledger balances producing analysis of such.
- Compile, extract, manipulate and analyse complex data to formulate actionable conclusions
- Must be aware of all safety policies and procedures and all HSE requirements in the environment in which the company and client operates.
- Execute other periodic, routine or special assignments/studies as defined by the Managing Director and other key stakeholders.
- Perform any other related duties required by the job function.
- ACCA qualified with 2-3 year post qualification experience.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Dynamics Great Plains
- 5 – 7 years progressive working experience in an Accounting environment with at least 2 years at a supervisory level
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates cooperation and teamwork while participating in a group, working toward solutions which generally benefit all involved parties.
- Demonstrate eagerness to acquire necessary technical knowledge, skills, and judgment to accomplish a result or to serve a customer’s needs effectively.
- Ability to work without supervision
How to apply:
- Are you ACCA Qualified, with 2-3 years of post-qualification experience?
- Do you have strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite & Dynamics Great Plains?
- Do you have 5-7 years of progressive working experience in an Accounting environment with at least 2 years at a supervisory level?